For increasing tourism potential in rural areas chief secretary takes a meeting on Rajasthan rural tourism promotion scheme to be set up in rural areas to guest houses, agricultural tourism units, camping sites and caravan parks.
Jaipur, September 20. The tourism policy-2020 focuses on promoting rural tourism. A meeting on ‘Rajasthan rural tourism promotion scheme’ was held at the government secretariat on Monday under the chairmanship of chief secretary Shri Niranjan Arya. He said that the promotion of tourism in rural areas, it will increase employment opportunities for the rural people with wide publicity to local handicrafts, artisans, dancers and music.
He said that a clear advisory should be issued in the scheme to promote tourism in rural areas and to ensure that there is no adverse impact on the civilizational culture of villages. All rules of the forest department and environment should be strictly followed on tourism buildings in the eco-sensitive area.
Principal secretary, Gayatri Rathore, explained the draft “Rajasthan rural tourism promotion scheme” through a presentation. She said the main objective of the scheme is to create investment and employment in rural areas also to conserve and propagate handicrafts and local products there. The government will develop rural tourism which will enable people to know the culture of the local community and also increase the possibility of promoting traditional sports in the state.
Rajasthan rural tourism promotion scheme to have four units
Tourists will get temporary accommodation and food facilities from 6 to 20 rooms in rural areas. The housing owner or manager needs to stay here with the family.
Agricultural tourism unit
It can be set on agriculture, commercial and industrial land and an area of 2 hectares. Construction will be allowed at 20% of it. The remaining 80% of the land can be used for rural environments like a camel-horse farm, gaushala, crops etc.
For this, permission will be given on agricultural, commercial and industrial land. 10% area of 1 hectare will be allowed for construction and 80% can be used for camel farm, horse farm, crop, livestock, garden, rural environment.
Caravan parks will be set up for tourists to park mobile vans. These can be built on agricultural, commercial and industrial land with a minimum area of 1 hectare. Cooking food and facilities will be allowed for tourists here. Tourists should be present in the van while parking the caravan vehicle.
All these tourism units will be allowed on a road at least 10 feet wide.
Principal secretaries, secretaries and senior officials of various departments including Shri Nishant Jain, director, department of tourism were present through video conference.