Jaipur, 15th September. For assuring a familiar upbringing and care to the children in need of care and protection the implementation of vatsalya yojana is being done by the district children protection unit, Jaipur driven by the Rajasthan government in the district.
Assistant director of district children protection unit, Mr. Rohit Jain, told that under the scheme in the district according to the teen justice act, 2015 for marking the foster parents having a desire of providing a familiar environment for upbringing and care for the children an invitation of submitting applications has been sent.
Foster parents who are interested in this can submit their application to the office assistant director of the district children protection unit, Jaipur. Through the medium of foster parents, family care (separate from adoption) will be provided to the children who require care and protection as defined under the claus2 (14) of the teen justice act, 2015.
Under the vatsalya yojana, the eligibility for foster parents is as follows-
- Anybody who is an Indian citizen and live in Rajasthan for the past 2 years.
- Any couple who is in a marital relationship for a minimum of 2 years.
- Future foster parents should be income taxpayers.
- For a single parent, the minimum age should be 25 years and the maximum should be 65 years.
- Future foster parents shouldn’t have any criminal records.
- Single fathers cannot take the upbringing of a girl child for themselves.
Future foster parents along with the required application will have to present age certificate, address proof, income certificate, IR return, medical certificate, police verification report and testimony of 2% of people. More information related to the vatsalya yojana is available on the departmental website www.sje.rajasthan.gov.in .